Monday, June 17, 2013

Sick



It nauseates me, the memories I wake up and know
but cannot say, as if I must hurl up
the things that hold meaning to me,
the aftertaste sour in my mouth.

How will I know, what I am to do.
I do not blame you for learning to know, the way you did.
I hope you will not resent me mine;
whirling through, aimless in my lightheadedness.

Those of us infected, how can we understand
if we are moving forward with our lives?
This morning I cried, for no reason I could digest
and the tears churned unsettled in my stomach.

Try: take some honey in the afternoon, if the mornings are too harsh;
Have some tea after dinner. If there is no cure,
there are the things that will make life a little softer,
a little easier to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment